Recently, I turned twenty-six, and it was mildly depressing, because birthdays are no longer filled with the "exciting" getting older, but more of the "yikes" getting older. In honor of turning yet another year older, coupled with the fact that my mom brained is currently devoid of all deeper thoughts, I present twenty-six random facts about myself.
1. I am an ENTJ personality type.
2. I am pretty terrible at cooking, even though I prepare my meals for the week. My husband cooks. I am getting better.
3. I am a huge Tolkien nerd.
4. I can do good impressions of people, but not on cue.
5. The first cup of coffee in the morning is my absolute favorite moment of the day. It has spiritual connotations.
6. I love talking about bodily functions. I think it's hilarious.
7. I love pretty much any kind of food.
8. I workout as therapy.
9. Giving birth was the most intense and empowering experience of my life.
10. Speaking at my dad's funeral was the second most intense and empowering experience of my life.
11. I randomly make shrieking noises and sing operatic notes.
12. I highly value authenticity and realness in other people.
13. I have moved multiple times and I have lived in a campground.
14. I have always been deeply spiritual, especially as a child.
15. Marriage and parenthood have made me way more laid back.
16. I despise clutter and my home needs to be in order before I can relax or concentrate.
17. I love crime shows and murder mysteries.
18. Philosophy is my favorite discipline.
19. I am artistic, but not crafty.
20. I love my Passion Planner and I will never use anything else.
21. Thrifting is the only type of clothes shopping I enjoy.
22. My love language is quality time and conversation.
23. I thoroughly appreciate people who get as worked up as I do about things.
24. I want a few more kids, at least.
25. I like man-buns and beards.
26. I want my twenty-sixth year to be full of love, painting, teaching, writing, reading, running, praying, and feeling more alive because I am more determined than ever to craft a meaningful and beautiful life.
Now I go to pour myself another cup of coffee, write another list, and tend to my sneaky eight month old probably eating my phone in the corner.